Thursday, May 8, 2014

Genesis

I wanted to start a new blog to try to preserve some basic skills that are being lost in our modern world.  It seems so many people rely on grocery stores for food, retail stores for clothes, and do not have the basic skills to survive in a time of less convenience.  So many families buy frozen foods, or eat out every night.  Many people do not even know how to thread a needle, or plant a garden.  While I don't claim to be a master at any of these things, still I have had opportunities to practice frugal living, and want to share some things I have learned.
I think it isn't until convenience is taken away that we really learn how to do things basically.  Having lived in China for several years, I was put in a situation to have to learn how to cook "from scratch".  I have learned some skills that could literally make the difference between simply surviving, and thriving.  I hope that this blog will be beneficial to some.

No comments:

Post a Comment