Friday, May 9, 2014

Homemade Pesto

After my last blog about pizza, I wanted to post this recipe for pesto.  I learned this from my neighbor who makes her own pesto all the time.  I have to say that there is no exact recipe, but  you really can't mess it up.  At home in the States I grow my own basil, so it's convenient to make pesto.

Homemade Pesto
Fresh basil (about two "handfuls)
About 1/2 cup of walnuts  (unless you want to be all highbrow and use pinenuts.  ;)
About 1 cup of fresh parmesan cheese
2 cloves of garlic
Salt to taste
Olive oil

Combine all ingredients in the blender.  Add just enough olive oil to incorporate the ingredients.  You will need to adjust the amount of the olive oil depending on the thickness of the pesto.  If your pesto is too thick, add a little more oil.  Blend until smooth.  I would try to use this up within 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment